Big Changes for Prelaw Guru

Maya-angelou-love-what-you-doI love talking to people about their goals and dreams.

I love helping people achieve their goals and dreams.

And, I love teaching people how to tell their personal stories in order to achieve their goals and dreams.

But after 16 years of working in direct student services (four years in career counseling and 12 in prelaw advising), and despite loving my work, and all the interesting, intelligent, funny, kind people I’ve been blessed to work with, I realize that it’s time for a change.

Sometimes you have to give up what you love, to do something else that you love.

I want to be a full-time writer. An author-expert. An authorpreneur.

I want to write non-fiction for pre-lawyers, and fiction for the masses.

To have the time to do this, I will no longer offer law school admissions consulting services to new clients starting in 2016. Some of you will be shocked or sad to hear this. I’m sorry. Truly. It’s taken me a year to wrap my head around it too.

HELPING THE OTHER 99%
But, there’s GOOD news. By becoming a full-time author-expert, I can actually help more people. When I was a prelaw adviser and consultant, I worked with less than 1% of the population applying to law school–all wonderful people but I always racked my brains over how I could help more people. Now, with my new mission, I can spend more time helping the other 99% that may never have the chance to work with a prelaw adviser or consultant.

HERE ARE FOUR WAYS I CAN HELP YOU:

WAY #1: FREE ADVICE
Follow and tweet me @prelawguru. I love connecting with my followers! Tweet me your quick prelaw and law school admissions questions and I’ll tweet back as soon as I can. If it’s a bit long, I recommend that you ask your question using Way #2 instead (see below).

WAY #2: MORE FREE ADVICE
Post your prelaw and law school admissions questions on the Prelaw Guru Blog. Find a post that corresponds with your question, and post your question at the bottom of the post. I will respond as soon as I can. NOTE: I no longer answer questions by email or phone. All questions will be answered publicly on my blog in order to help more readers learn from our Q&A.

WAY #3: ALMOST FREE ADVICE
For more detailed tips than my tweets or blog can provide, read my No B.S. Guides. I’ve just dropped the price of each guide from $5.99 to just $2.99! Not free, but dang close. No fluff, no filler–just concise advice for creating a stellar law school application.

WAY #4: NOT FREE, BUT A TOTALLY AWESOME CLASS
Take my online class, Write Your Personal Statement in 7 Days. I answer questions posted in the class and give feedback on students’ Top 5 topic ideas. Also, you probably don’t know this, but once you register for the class, you will have access to it forever. Yes, FOREVER. Pretty awesome, huh?

I’LL BE BACK
While I’m finishing up with my current clients in January, there will be no new blog posts. But they will roll out once more in February. Subscribe using the box below or on the right to have posts sent right to your inbox.

In the meantime, follow @prelawguru for prelaw and law school news, views, and inspiring quotes.

Also, if you’re curious about my non-prelaw writing, you’re welcome to follow me @pegcheng and read my blog at PegCheng.com.

I hope you have a happy and peaceful holiday season. May 2016 be full of insights and discoveries for all of us!

7 thoughts on “Big Changes for Prelaw Guru

  1. Peg, congratulations on taking a big step for yourself. Can’t wait to see what you do next. Hope we always stay in touch. Love, Tatum

    • Thank you so much, Tatum! We will definitely stay in touch. I want to feature more of your blog posts in the future too. Thanks again for your support and positivity.

  2. Congratulations and Happy New Year Peg! I wish you every success! You will be awesome. Looking forward to seeing the books!

  3. Pingback: The Perfect Gift: a Reading Retreat

  4. Way to go, Peg! Can’t wait for the results sure to come? and weekly updates will be great too.

    Inspired in Vancouver ~

    Brenda

Comments are closed.